Sunday, April 12, 2009

Praise the Lord! He's Alive!

Today's the day You shook my unbelief.
It happened suddenly when You left behind the tree.
No words express the life You give
Or my thankfulness for the Son you sent.

The Word that writes my name on His heart
Breathed His last for my sake.
My worth was insignificant from where I stood,
But Your desire shows it great.

Today's the day You took my unbelief.
You opened my heart so I could truly see.
I sat, I begged, I hoped for Your coming,
And You sanctified me with Your loving.

The World seems not to understand who You are
Or what You do for lives like mine.
Standing, gaping, wondering at the change in me,
They watch me follow and leave it all behind.

Today's the day I live with full belief.
Doubts filled my days until I could see
You alive, full of love in front of me.
Today's the day You made me believe.

J. Gardner Bonner
================================================

Jennifer and I worked late nights all week long to help our church put on a program that commemorates the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ. We were continually reminded of the glory of Christ, His power to make the impossible happen, and how blessed we are to have a Savior who loves us. It is not by works that we are saved but by Grace that continues to shine, causing us to fall on our faces, desiring to be fully immersed and bathed in the Lord. Coming to Jesus, receiving Him, is like gaining the ability to see; I pray that the excitement and zeal that filled me the day I came to call Christ my own continues to exude so the World sees who reigns in my life. The Resurrection is real, and we want all to know of God's desire to have you at His side in the coming Kingdom. Do you believe? Glory to God in the Highest! Praise Him, all nations! Jesus is alive, and you are worth all of the pain He suffered in your place; please leave your sins at the foot of the cross and follow Jesus.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beautiful. Amen! I'm so glad that Matthew could be there this morning. I'm sorry I couldn't! It's harder than I thought it would be doing things like that with a little baby. Soon she won't be napping as often and it'll be easier. Anyway, Matthew really enjoyed it! :)