Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bored at work?

Much like when I was younger, I spent a good part of the day rearranging things at work. This just reinforces the lack of work I actually have at my job and the true potential that is being forfeited. Anyway, my parents never really knew what to expect after leaving me to my own devices during summer vacations. A good day involved switching around my bedroom furniture, "thinning" my stuff (creating bags of things to give/throw away), and a trip to Metzger's to buy paint. Oh yes, I painted rooms in the house without asking. Thankfully I wasn't half bad at it, so they didn't get furious. Actually, they were much more upset when I spilled pink nail polish on the pink carpet in my bedroom. I attribute this to design shows such as the one with Lynette Jennings. Anyone remember that show? Trading Spaces and Candice Olsen were also favorites. So, today was just fine. After spending the first part of the day processing payments and orders, I set to rearranging and cleaning the lobby. I re-framed and repositioned pictures and posters, dusted off our pathetic silk plants (seriously dorky), and moved the furniture. I really wish that I could redo the whole office! We are about to have several rounds of interviews for multiple positions, so I felt that the time spent was justified.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We are so much alike when it comes to that stuff it's scary... I used to rearrange my furniture in my bedroom in the middle of the night OFTEN when I was younger. My parents thought I was very quirky in that department :)